SOOOOO, those of you who know me, know me well enough that you know how I feel about immunizations. I am a firm believer in doing them 1 at a time and at the VERY most, 2 at a time because of less chances of adverse reactions happening. SO, I have put off the MMR for both boys and Wesley finally had his first one about 10 days ago. (because of kindergarten) Anyhow, things seemed to move along fine for the past week until Friday night. He started complaining that he was VERY cold. I thought he was just trying to get out of eating his dinner again. So we took a warm bath and he turned in early. Saturday he woke up and wasn't hungry ALL day and was tired and looked just "out of it." He fell asleep on the couch at 7:00 and within 20 minutes he had severe red cheeks and about 40 bumps on his cheeks. His temp was 102. I called the doctor. Guess what folks? The MMR shot doesn't show side effects for 1-2 weeks. By 9pm his entire body (literally from head to toe) was covered in these massive red patches and itchy bumps. He was hysterical because he couldn't stop itching... He finally got to bed at 12am. His fever has continued all day and symptoms could last for a week. Sorry folks but at this point, I'm putting my foot down on the "round 2" of this vaccine. I can't see the logic in the torture for the poor guy...and I can definitely say that I made the right choice in waiting until he was 5. I can't imagine putting a 1 1/2 year old through this let alone a 5 year old...
And, for those of you who don't know me that well, now you know why I feel so strongly against immunizations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OK, we have a mild reaction child to the DTaP, and we are SO behind and being pressured due to school etc. (they are behind in everything, but A is way behind in hers due to reactions) and I was almost ready to just go and get the DTap the other day. SO Glad you reminded me why I have reservations!!!!!
Hope Wesley has no more reactions! This is his 2nd right?
Hey Kay!
Actually this was his first MMR. I waited until now because of the autism side-effects. Glad I did though b/c I can't imagine if he did get this when he was 15 months what would have happened to him would have been much worse. He actually had ANOTHER reaction yesterday to it. I flew him to the doctors yesterday afternoon before it closed. He had full body hives. It's a 1 in a million side effect of the MMR...
Post a Comment